Happy Claim
TELEPHONE: 01582 437 070
TEXT "CLAIM" to  07902 144 199

Personal Injury Enquiry Form
Our Clients

The quality of service you have offered has been excellent. Your staff have always been extremely courteous.

Mrs Jenkins

Car accidents » Hit and run drivers

There are an estimated 1 million uninsured drivers on the UKs roads, and it has been found one in ten car accidents involve a driver who does not have insurance.If you are involved in a car accident that was not your fault with either a hit and run driver or an uninsured driver, a compensation claim could be made against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB).

MIB (www.mib.org.uk)

The MIB are an organisation set up to protect UK motorists and provide a fund for compensation for people who have been injured in a car accident with an unknown or uninsured driver.Each year the MIB pay out 500 million pounds to people who have been injured in these circumstances.

Untraced motorists (hit and run)

If you have been hurt in a hit and run accident and you do not know the identity of the driver, a claim can be brought under the Untraced Drivers Agreement within 3 years of the accident.

The laws governing claiming compensation through the MIB after an accident with an untraced motorist mean that it is slightly more complex to bring this kind of claim, compared with a claim against an insured driver.

For a personal injury claim to be considered, the car accident must be reported to the Police as soon as possible (up to a maximum of 14 days), and proof of this claim must be submitted.

The most recent updates to the Untraced Drivers Agreement happened on the 14th February 2003.If the car accident happened before that date, it is not possible for you to claim compensation for damage to property, just for the personal injury you suffered.

However, the changes made in the 14th February 2003 agreement mean that you can now claim for damaged property as well as personal injury compensation as long as you have reported the accident to the Police within 5 days.

Uninsured motorists

If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, a compensation claim can be made against the MIB under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement.

Under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement you can claim for personal injury compensation within 3 years of the car accident and claim recompense for damage to your vehicle within 6 years of the accident if an uninsured driver was at fault in a collision with your car.

If you were injured as a passenger in a car being driven by an uninsured driver and you were aware that the driver was not insured, it is highly unlikely that any claim you bring against the MIB would be successful.However, if you were unaware that the driver was uninsured, then your compensation claim may be successful.

Claiming compensation following a car accident

We can help you get compensation if you have been involved in a car accident with an uninsured or untraced driver.We work on a no win, no fee basis and completely protect you from costs our service is completely free for you.

For free, no obligation legal advice about making a car accident claim, call us on 01582 437070 and let us deal with it for you.