Happy Claim
TELEPHONE: 01582 437 070
TEXT "CLAIM" to  07902 144 199

Personal Injury Enquiry Form
Our Promise







Start Your Claim Now!
Our Clients

 We were indeed happy with the service we received from your company, finding it speedy, efficient and professional.

Mr & Mrs Ervin

Questions & Answers

  1. What can i claim for?

    You can claim compensation for the actual physical and/or psychological injury and financial losses arising from the accident. Personal injury compensation comes in two forms, known as general damages and special damages. General damages is compensation awarded for your injuries, for the pain and suffering and any disability or loss of amenity. Special damages are all actual financial losses and out of pocket expenses which can be calculated and which have been lost as a result of the accident. The most typical special damages are loss of earnings, however there are numerous other special damages that can be claimed for example medical expenses, travel costs associated with medical treatment, property damage including clothing that was damaged in the accident, vehicle storage charges or replacement vehicle costs, the cost of necessary nursing care, etc.

  2. Can I make a claim?

    Anyone can make a claim for compensation arising from an accident for injuries and other financial losses. You have to bring your claim against a group or individual responsible and at fault for your accident even if they are only partly to blame. (Usually they will be insured and your claim will be against their insurance company). Under English law, you must claim within 3 years of the accident occurring, although there are exceptions to this general rule for children, people suffering a mental disability and those with certain illnesses.

  3. How much can i claim for?

    As mentioned above, your claim will consist of special damages and general damages. Special damages are your out of pocket financial losses, e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses, medical expenses, etc etc. General damages are decided by using previous similar injury cases (known as precedents) as a guideline. We and solicitors, have a database of thousands of different cases where people have suffered different injuries and been awarded various amounts. These precedents are used to determine what a claimant will receive for general damages, for pain and suffering.

  4. How long does a claim take to settle?

    Most accident claims in England and Wales are now pursued against insurance companies under what is known as a Personal Injury "Pre-action Protocol”. The protocol specifies time limits for progressing a claim with an insurance company and its introduction several years ago has speeded up the process of completing an accident claim. It has resulted in many claims being processed in months, as opposed to years. At HappyClaim we pride ourselves on our speedy service as many of our former clients can attest to. Most cases get settled within 3 to 6 months more complex cases with severe injuries can take upto 2 years.

  5. How much compensation will i recieve?

    It is very difficult to estimate how much personal injury compensation a person will receive until the full circumstances of the accident are known and we know a little more about the injured person.

    Contrary to popular belief, there is no standard amount of compensation for any particular type of injury. Each compensation claim is dealt with individually and on its own merits.

    Once one of our Solicitors has spoken to you and assessed your personal injury claim in more depth, they will be able to provide you with an estimate as to how much compensation they think you should be awarded.

  6. What is an interim Payment?

    An interim payment is an amount paid to you in partial settlement of your claim. When an interim payment is made, it does not mean that your claim has been fully settled and the third party insurers will still deal with other parts of your claim.

    For example, if you are involved in a car accident and your vehicle is deemed to be beyond economical repair, the third party insurers may send you a cheque as an interim payment in order that you can purchase another car and return to work. The case will remain open until they have assessed how much they should offer you for your personal injury claim and your lost earnings, which will be sent as another cheque at a later date.

    Another example would be if you had suffered a very serious injury and needed to pay for private rehabilitation costs or needed to have your house adapted to suit your new needs. In this case, a third party insurer may send out an interim payment cheque to assist you with your recovery while they consider how much you should be awarded for the full amount of losses.

  7. Will i have to attend court to receive my compensation?

    Very few personal injury compensation claims proceed to Court as this leads to an increase in the legal costs, which would be payable by the person responsible for the injury or their insurer.

    If there is no dispute regarding who was at fault for the accident and no dispute about the level of injuries sustained, an insurance company will rather settle the claim outside of court to avoid paying the bill for the increased legal costs.
    In extreme cases, where there is a dispute, you may have to attend Court; however, your Solicitor will talk you through the whole process to ensure you are comfortable with it long before the final decision needs to be made.

  8. Will I need to attend any meetings about my injury claim?

    We have found that as most of our clients have been recently injured, they prefer to deal with their personal injury claim by speaking to the Solicitors over the telephone or sending correspondence via e-mail or letter. If you would prefer to visit the Solicitor face-to-face; One of our team of experts will be happy to meet with you at your convenience.